Under the heading of “Oops, how did that happen?” comes the Wheaton College issue regarding its joining together with Catholic University of America in legally protesting being forced to provide emergency contraception coverage required under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It seems that they need to first eliminate the existing coverage of emergency contraception from their policy. See http://www.christianpost.com/news/wheaton-colleges-inadvertent-coverage-of-abortifacients-wont-affect-lawsuit-lawyer-says-79647/ The college claims that they were unaware that the coverage was included. Could this be the other side of those insurance companies claiming that they don’t need to cover some illness that was not included in the plan? It could be that they will not qualify for the “safe harbor” provisions of the ACA in this regard.
Emergency Contraception is Immoral and We Will Oppose Its Imposition (as soon as we can eliminate it from present coverage)
Aug 13th, 2012 by Edward T. Haines
Posted in Culture
2 Responses to “Emergency Contraception is Immoral and We Will Oppose Its Imposition (as soon as we can eliminate it from present coverage)”
- Double Bubble Bill (Maher)
- Eli Lake At The Daily Beast-’Exclusive: CIA Honored Benghazi Chief In Secret Ceremony’
- Things it may be unwise to do on the Internet department
- Meeting of the Minds, 2013
- Polio eradication challenges
- Republicans Aid and Abet (Initiate) IRS Cover Up
- The Towering Inferno
- Your ObamaNation Food Stamps at work
- Soup Kitchen Woes
- The Perfect Storm
- Ghosts of all my Lovely Sins: Some Thoughts on the Complete Poems of Dorothy Parker
- A round up of (mostly) tech links
- Effect and Cause
- The Mad Dash, the End of the Hyphen, and the Tree of Information
- Animal Farm
- Good Luck
- The Thrill is Gone……
- On Angelina Jolie, BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes, cancer risk, and gene testing patents
- Islamism, Immigration & Multiculturalism-Melanie Phillips Via Youtube
- Status Update
- The Tip Of The Iceberg?
- Some really bad Wax Museum figures
- More on the Ivy League Plus: a response to Lynn Gazis-Sax
- What Would Walter Cronkite Do?
- How About a Universal Basic Income?
- Happy Mother’s Day To Me!
- San Diego County Taxpayers Association slams Poway USD for bonds that were endorsed by the San Diego County Taxpayers Association
- Further Revelations of the White House’s Lying on Benghazi for Political Gain
- Some Unanticipated Consequences of Climate Change
- On Constitutional Rights (and the Denial Thereof)
- Who REALLY Wants To Be President?
- Cost Shifting in Medicine
- No silver for you!
- Putting the Conserve Back Into Conservatism
Subscribe to Posts by Email